Real Madrid ready to make €150m move for Haaland


The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: Real Madrid prioritise move for Haaland

Real Madrid have made Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland their No. 1 transfer target, with AS reporting that they don’t want him to sign for anyone else.

ESPN sources have revealed that Chelsea, Manchester United and plenty of European clubs are all showing an interest in signing the Norway international.

However, AS states that Real Madrid are the front runners, partly down to their switch of focus following difficulties in bringing in Paris Saint-Germain‘s Kylian Mbappe.

Whoever does go on to sign Haaland will likely need to pay a fee of around €150 million for the 20-year-old. The striker’s departure will be more likely if Dortmund fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
ESPN+ viewer’s guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more

LIVE BLOG

11.40 GMT: Barcelona are the latest club to enter the race to sign David Alaba, Diario AS reports, with claims incoming president Joan Laporta has already met with the player’s agents.

Alaba, 28, who is available on a free transfer this summer when his Bayern Munich contract expires, has been strongly linked with Real Madrid and a number of other top European clubs.

According to AS, Laporta — who won Barca’s elections on Sunday night — held talks with Pini Zahavi and Fali Ramadani in Barcelona last week to discuss a possible deal.

However, the versatile defender’s sky-high wage demands, which have also held up negotiations with Madrid, could be a potential stumbling block given Barca’s precarious finances.

10.53 GMT: ESPN’s Gab Marcotti explains how new Barcelona president Joan Laporta should handle Lionel Messi‘s future this summer. He is out of contract at Camp Nou in June and needs to be persuaded to stay.

play

1:06

ESPN FC’s Gab Marcotti explains how new Barcelona president Joan Laporta should handle Lionel Messi this summer.

10.14 GMT: Kingsley Coman is in no hurry to commit his long-term future to Bayern Munich, German outlet kicker reports. The 24-year-old, who has two years left on his deal, has reportedly rejected a first contract offer from Bayern.

Coman was linked with a move to Manchester United last summer, but then continued his Bayern career where he is nearing his 200th competitive appearances. Coman scored the winning goal in the Champions League final against Paris Saint-Germain in Augut. This term, Coman has scored six goals and set up a further 13 in all competitions as Bayern target a title defence in the Champions League and a ninth straight Bundesliga title.

Coman’s trophy cabinet is already stacked to the top. He has won the Champions League, the Club World Cup, the European Super Cup, five Bundesliga titles, two Serie A crowns and two Ligue 1 championships, as well as one Italian Cup and three German Cups.

09.31 GMT: Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he is ready to continue playing for AC Milan for another season. Asked about his contract renewal, he told RAI: “We will see. It depends on [AC Milan director Paolo] Maldini. If he wants, I’m there.”

Ibrahimovic, 39, has scored 21 goals, including 14 in Serie A, for the Rossoneri this season, and says he is fully committed.

“I’m Zlatan. I have so much responsibility. I feel a leader,” he added. “This team is the only one that I’ve become emotional with. I want to teach so much and lead them. When I speak, they say ‘ok, we will do it.’ When I spend a day without them [teammates], it’s as though I spend a day without my children.”

He returned to AC Milan in December 2019 as a free agent and his contract expires this summer.

08.45 GMT: IFK Gothenburg coach Roland Nilsson has hinted that Marek Hamsik is set to sign for the club after leaving Chinese Super League club Dalian Professional, as was reported on Friday.

“I usually do not comment on players more than that he is a clearly good football player, otherwise he would not have played where he played,” Nilsson told SportExpressen. “As I said, when the player is on my training ground then I can speak.”

Gothenburg midfielder Simon Thern added: “Expectations will be huge, he is a damn good football player but he will not run around and score five goals in every match.

“Marek is fantastic with the ball and he will give us another dimension in our game and help us become a better team. From what I have heard, it is a super professional who is very humble about what is to come.”

PAPER ROUND

Juve not willing to sell De Ligt

Juventus may allow a big name to leave during the summer transfer window due to their financial state, according to Calciomercato.

It is suggested that Paulo Dybala could be an option due to his contract ending in 2022, while Cristiano Ronaldo may even be open to leaving.

However, the report says that no offers for centre-back Matthijs de Ligt will be entertained.

Juventus have told the Dutchman’s agent, Mino Raiola, that the 21-year-old will not be leaving.

Barcelona unlikely to move for Traore

Barcelona’s financial situation makes it unlikely that they will make a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore, suggests Mundo Deportivo.

It has previously been reported that the Catalan giants, as well as Manchester City, would be interested in bringing the Spaniard to their respective clubs.

However, it is now suggested that Barca’s finances, as well as the presence of players such as Ousmane Dembele, Ansu Fati and Francisco Trincao in his position, makes that very unlikely.

The 25-year-old has managed just one goal and one assist this term, which may play into this decision despite Wolves dropping their €80m demands from the summer.

Tap-ins

Inter Milan may consider a move for Argentina international Adolfo Gaich, reports Calciomercato. The 22-year-old is currently on loan at Benevento from CSKA Moscow, with an option to sign him permanently for €11m. It is suggested that Inter may look to bring in the attacker, seen as a low-cost back-up option for Romelu Lukaku.

Brighton & Hove Albion are set to join West Ham United in their pursuit of Blackburn Rovers striker Adam Armstrong, reports the Sun. The Hammers’ need for a frontman has been well documented since Sebastien Haller joined Ajax during the January transfer window. However, it is said they don’t want to pay Blackburn’s £25m asking price, but Albion may be willing to go close as the 24-year-old is said to fit the bill.

Crystal Palace, Brighton and Sheffield United are all interested in Wolves’ Dion Sanderson, reports the Daily Mail. The 21-year-old centre-back is currently on loan at Sunderland and has become a popular player. While Wolves rate Sanderson, they may listen to offers due to competition at centre-back and his contract coming to an end in the summer of 2022.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *